Re: [pygame] pyGame and touchscreens

Chris Smith wrote:

I used to repair some touchscreen systems a few years ago. As far I recall, they all simulated a ps/2 mouse, since often they would crash into windows, and you could then use the screen to reboot the system. I'd assume that the pygame event handler would treat them as a normal mouse input. But best to maybe check the physical connection running off the touchscreen.

we have made some touchscreen installations with pygame apps, and always they have worked like a mouse. sometimes are USB instead of ps/2 nowadays but that does not make a difference with SDL of course.

overall there has been no probs doing such things. except in one case (a smartboard) that i encountered a few weeks ago changing the screen resolution (when pygame went to fullscreen) the pointer calibration was screwed. for some reason using the exact same resolution that the desktop had for the app did not help either, so there i had to resort to windowed more where it worked ok.

~Toni