Re: [pygame] Future of pygame?

Mark Wexler wrote:
Hello. I'm a big fan of pygame, in fact I've been using it in the past
three years in a class I teach in which students learn how to create
and program psychology experiments--so I'd like to thank the
developers for doing such a good job. However, my co-instructors and I
are a little bit worried about the future of the library, since there
hasn't been a new release in a couple of years, and we can't really
find any information on the developers' future plans. It's important
for us to teach our students something they'll continue to be able to
use. So could some of the people working on pygame give us some idea
of where pygame is going in the next couple of years?

Thanks a lot,
Mark Wexler

Mark -
As far as I know, the main issue is with SDL.
We're waiting for an official 1.3 release, because Pygame is based on SDL, so once 1.3 comes out, all
of its new features can be added into Pygame.
I believe pygame 1.8 is near completion, and some binaries of it have been posted to this list numerous times.
I think 1.8 is still based on SDL 1.2, however.
I'll let someone more knowledgeable than I on the issue elaborate.