Re: [pygame] Future of pygame?

You can read more about what's happening in the SDL world here -

http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/FAQ_20SDL_20Version_202

Although it would be fair to say movement is slow. On the other hand, SDL + PyGame both work fine, I don't see a real urgent need for a ton of extra features.

On 10/15/07, Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mark Wexler wrote:
> Hello. I'm a big fan of pygame, in fact I've been using it in the past
> three years in a class I teach in which students learn how to create
> and program psychology experiments--so I'd like to thank the
> developers for doing such a good job. However, my co-instructors and I
> are a little bit worried about the future of the library, since there
> hasn't been a new release in a couple of years, and we can't really
> find any information on the developers' future plans. It's important
> for us to teach our students something they'll continue to be able to
> use. So could some of the people working on pygame give us some idea
> of where pygame is going in the next couple of years?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Mark Wexler

Mark -
As far as I know, the main issue is with SDL.
We're waiting for an official 1.3 release, because Pygame is based on
SDL, so once 1.3 comes out, all
of its new features can be added into Pygame.
I believe pygame 1.8 is near completion, and some binaries of it have
been posted to this list numerous times.
I think 1.8 is still based on SDL 1.2, however.
I'll let someone more knowledgeable than I on the issue elaborate.

--
Science is open source religion