Re: [pygame] Linux distribution(s) of a finished product

Hi Keith,
Thanks for considering GNU/Linux to release your game to.
The main thing is the Python/PyGame source code.
The source code shouldn't call any MS-Windows or Mac OSX specifics.
In the past, I've had problems with the following:
MS-Windows developers putting the wrong slash in pathnames.
Mac OSX developers using Mac-only fonts, etc.
Otherwise, GNU/Linux, no matter which distro, pretty much fishes
from the same free software pool.
This is what I expect when I untar a tarball:
a directory is created with everything in that directory.
the top directory has a main.py or nameOfYourGame.py file
which, when run at the command-line, starts everything.
That's it!
GNU/Linux don't need no steenkin' EXE's, etc. 8^D
Since I run Python/PyGame on GNU/Linux, I expect to have to
go in and modify the source code (at least a little bit) to get the
game running. That's okay! Really.
Just make a tarball of the source, and make it available.
If it's a hit, put it up on SourceForge!

Sounds GOOD!
Dangerous HS Grrls in Trouble!
Need a "tester"? Send me a tarball.
I run Debian 4.0r3 'Etch' (Stable) GNU/Linux.
Python 2.4.4 and PyGame 1.7.1.
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?