Re: [pygame] Indie Game Host

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Matt Kremer <mattk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There were two responses, I'm going to respond to both in this message.
>
> For one, games are not played in-browser. They are temporarily loaded via
> JAVA and then run on the players computer.
>
> Also, I am not just someone who saw "game" in the list name, and my site
> supports any kind of game. JAVA is only used to temporarily store the game
> and run it. For instance, someone uploads a .exe in a .zip file (files must
> be zipped to upload). JAVA loads this zip, unzips it, and runs the exe.
> Nothing on the site is JAVA, they are all exe files.

Is there some sort of sandbox for the .exe files?  Why won't this be
incredibly dangerous?  There should be more description on the
website.

To demonstrate that this is something that might be of interest to
pygame programmers, could you upload a python game to show that it
works?

An example game (not mine), including python source and a Windows .exe file:
http://www.pyweek.org/e/midnightsun/
--
Nathan Whitehead