Re: [pygame] Pyggy Awards are Go, Almost

is this going to consider tools/utilities that allow u to create games/apps using pygame ?

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:31 AM, claudio canepa <ccanepacc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard and I have been working on setting up a web site
for the Pyggy Awards, and it's very nearly ready to go!

In case you've forgotten, the Pyggy Awards is going to be
a showcase event for games based on a previous PyWeek entry.
If you want to polish one of your PyWeek games and have
somewhere to show off the result, this is it.

The Pyggy Awards will be run in a very similar way to
the PyWeek competition, with the following differences:

* You can start working immediately, or even in the past,
i.e. any further work you've already done on an existing
PyWeek entry is eligible.

* Any library code can be used, as long as it's open
source.

The only thing remaining to be decided is the dates for
the judging period. The possibilities are:

a) Early December, probably the first 2 weeks.

b) Some time in February or March next year.

Option (b) obviously allows more coding time, but the
next PyWeek is going to be in early April, so it wouldn't
leave much time for people to recover their energy.

So I'm asking for feedback on this -- what would you
prefer? More time, or more breathing space before the
next PyWeek?

--
Greg
I think december is better, but can use either.

--

Rita Rudner  - "I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult."