Re: [pygame] 10 bits per color

René was referring to average cameras doing 8-16 per pixel, not per
color.  Though, in a Bayer sensor, I guess you could calculate it
either way.  The Foveon sensor is of course different.  Even if the
display is not capable of showing 10 bits per color, it makes sense to
capture at it to allow for post processing.  You could mess with the
levels or extend contrast without running into banding or aliasing or
having to dither.

Nirav