Re: [pygame] Distributing games for Windows - Pynsist

On 25 October 2016 at 23:52, Jorge Maldonado Ventura <jorgesumle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I tried the installer I created, but it didn't work. Apparently it installs correctly, but it doesn't launch the game. I'm using a Windows 8 virtual machine. I tried to debug, but I have no idea in Windows. I observed that the program in the Windows menu links to a file called pythonw when installed, how can I get the error message that helps me understand and solve the problem.

It should log errors to a file in %APPDATA% - details here:
http://pynsist.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installers.html#uncaught-exceptions

You can also launch it from the command line to see uncaught exceptions. More info in the same link above.

Is there a way to test or debug the installer in GNU/Linux?

I don't think so, though you could try installing it under Wine. I try to put as much of the complexity as possible in the build process, which can be tested more easily, so that the installer can be as simple as possible.

 Here is the installer.cfg file I used to build the executable:

That all looks good to me :-)

Thomas