Re: [pygame] more of a game dev question...

I've just begun looking into implementing A* for Civil. Nothing to show
yet, mainly just trying to remember how A* works at the moment.

A good sites for teaching yourself about A* and pathfinding are:

    http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/gameprog.html
    http://gameai.com/pathfinding.html

And there was a good article on GamaSutra recently:

    "Toward More Realistic Pathfinding"
    http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20010314/pinter_01.htm

Pete Shinners wrote:

> > but i thought i'd ask anyway.
> > i'm writing a chutes and ladders type of game. were there are floors
> > connected by ladders, and the monters chase you around the different levels.
> >
> > what do you think is the best way to write the monster chase algorithm?
>
> well, you can look on the internet for the many good tutorials
> on things like the A* pathfinding algorithms. if things are
> simple enough, you can just make the monsters move "towards"
> their victims... although this tends to get them stuck very
> easily :]

John Eikenberry
[jae@zhar.net - http://zhar.net]