Re: [pygame] problems with my pyzzle.exe

Your not going to believe it.

when i added the
sys.stdout = open('stdout.txt', 'w')
sys.stderr = open('stderr.txt', 'w')
lines to pyzzles main file and built the exe
i could not reproduce the error at all.
So I commented those lines out and guess what?
the sudden exiting error is back.

So i commented out all of my beta testing print statements in the pyzzle.py
file and rebuilt pyzzle.exe
I now cannot replicate the sudden exiting error at all.

So the problem must have been due to the beta print statements (somehow).

Ive also fixed the self installer problem.

I made a short-cut for c:\programs files\pyzzle-0.1\pyzzle.exe and placed it
on the desktop.
Then i compared this files properties to the pyzzle.exe file in the start
menu.
I noticed that the new short-cut files "Start in:" field had the line:
"C:\Program Files\Pyzzle-0.1"
while the start menus pyzzle short cut did not.
So I manually added  the "C:\Program Files\Pyzzle-0.1" line to the start
menu pyzzle.exe short cut.
And hello it worked [:

Using the Is Tool program I added the "WorkingDir: {app};" flag to the
[icon] section of pyzzles inno file
so the pyzzle.exe line now looks like this:
Name: {group}\Pyzzle; Filename: {app}\pyzzle.exe; WorkingDir: {app};
IconIndex: 0

And the selfinstaller now works. [:

Im one very happy pygamer today.

Ill upload it in a minute

Pete, you rock
Your comments and suggestion are always first class
May the force be with you
Andy