Re: [pygame] problems with my pyzzle.exe

Andrew Jones wrote:

> Your not going to believe it.
>
> when i added the
> sys.stdout = open('stdout.txt', 'w')
> sys.stderr = open('stderr.txt', 'w')
> lines to pyzzles main file and built the exe
> i could not reproduce the error at all.
> So I commented those lines out and guess what?
> the sudden exiting error is back.
>
> So i commented out all of my beta testing print statements in the pyzzle.py
> file and rebuilt pyzzle.exe
> I now cannot replicate the sudden exiting error at all.
>
> So the problem must have been due to the beta print statements (somehow).

I've notice in other python apps that print statements in a python program
without an associated terminal will cause an exception. So perhaps in your
situation the errors went away when you set up handlers for stdout, as it
had something to write to...

--

John Eikenberry
[jae@zhar.net - http://zhar.net]