[pygame] Pythonpoint/presto - still thinking

Just so you all know I haven't lost interest and
wandered off, I'm still mentally sifting the issues
with animation, timing, audio and layout on arbitrary
screen resolutions for what I am now provisionally
calling "Presto" (formerly pythonpoint).

Is it worth me taking the time to seperate out the
background rendering routines for use in other packages?