Re: [pygame] Help with OS X install

bweiland@chiinc.com wrote:
> I've been working on getting pygame 1.5.3 installed under OS X (10.2).
> Korruptor had posted a note here about doing this with the default SDL-devel
> pkg.  This worked for me on my TiBook that had a previous install of Bob
> Ippolito's kitchen-sink package still laying around, although I think it was
> making use of the old SDL install.  However, trying to build and install on
> a new/clean 10.2 system is not working.  BTW, I'm using/trying to use the
> default python 2.2 installed with Jaguar.

from what i have heard. you must use the python-2.3, which is still
pre-alpha. the osx developers have been working hard on python since 2.2
was released, and it seems like the problems have been worked out. (at
least the problems related to pygame!)

it's great to see python comes with jaguar! i hope osx will adopt
python-2.3 as soon as it is released.