Re: [pygame] Python 1.5 Compatability

Le sam 06/09/2003 à 23:15, Pete Shinners a écrit :
> With every pygame release it is becoming more work to maintain
> compatability with the oldish python 1.5. At some point it is probably
> going to be easier to drop it, and clean all the current workarounds.

I would only support v2.3 :-)... (ok, I would also support v2.2)

why ?
  python 1.5: Who is using this version ? perhaps the install scripts of
redhat. But who is going to develop a pygame program using python v1.5 ?
If someone is going to use python 1.5 + pygame then he doesn't know the
power of python 2.2

  python 1.6: same as python 1.5
  python 2.0: same as pythyon 1.5 plus it is very buggy. I'm using it at
work and every month we backport fixes from v2.1, v2.2: memory leaks,
minidom bugs, import bugs, etc.
  python 2.1: it is the same as v2.0 plus bug fixes and some little
enhacements.

  python 2.2: Wow, this version really includes bunch of cool stuff
(types & classes, static/class methods, everything is an object, etc)
  Yes, I would support v2.2 :-)

riq.

--
Ricardo Quesada <riq@velocom.com.ar>