Re: [pygame] pygame and wxwindows question

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:58, Rene Dudfield wrote:
> eh wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >i have read the discussion about integrating pygame and
> >wxwindows.
> >i had a look at this example:
> >http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/IntegratingPyGame
> >
> >It looks very interesting, but does anybody have some more
> >complex example to show?
> >is difficult to see what could be possible to achieve in the simple
> >example.
> >
> >thanks!
>
> As far as I know wxpython +pygame doesn't work at the moment.  I haven't
> heard of any success stories anyway.  Only people not being able to get
> it to work.

Same here, just tried python 2.3 and the latest of pygame/wx again today, and
no go that I could determine, which is a pity. Pygame refuses the
pygame.display.set_mode((x,y)) call, crashing out rather badly. could well be
wxpython causing the problem, not sure.

Pygame does however run just fine as a seperate window in the same app as wx-
although pygame event handling seems to give lockups at times (luckily I
don't need it anyway) - havn't tested the even problem in 2.3 yet.

Now if only I could find a way of doing a glReadPixels at more than a crawl I
could go to sleep tonight :( dreading having to go through the directX route
to the same windows framebuffer and try and read the data that way - very
ugly!

Stuart W.