Re: [pygame] Window positioning

Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 08:05:22AM +0300 in <Pine.LNX.4.58.0309180802570.18365@infa.abo.fi>,
Jan Ekholm <chakie@infa.abo.fi> spake:
>On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes wrote:
>>  From what I can tell, there's currently no portable way to set the
>>window position, but various platforms do have specific ways.  This is
>>very unpleasant for a game developer, and makes Pygame software look
>>strange to most users.
>And what is so unpleasant about a fullscreen pygame window covering the
>whole screen or a smaller "normal" window jumping up where it fits?

  I'm not doing fullscreen at present, and it'll never be the default in
this game.  A window appearing where the window manager says it should
go is one thing, especially if the user has control over it (even if
it's just with -geometry arguments).  A window appearing only in one
place, especially the center of the screen where it will cause maximum
blockage of all other windows, that's inconveniencing the user and
ignoring their preferences.

  I tend to play games with an ssh window up, for instance, so I can see
messages in a chat room and pause to check my email occasionally.  Right
now, I can see the very bottom edge of my ssh, and a few characters on
the side, which doesn't help much.