Re: [pygame] new user

import sys
import pygame
from pygame.locals import *

def main():
# Initialise screen
pygame.init()
screen = pygame.display.set_mode((150, 50))
pygame.display.set_caption('Basic Pygame program')

# Fill background
background = pygame.Surface(screen.get_size())
background = background.convert()
background.fill((250, 250, 250))

# Display some text
font = pygame.font.Font(None, 36)
text = font.render("Hello There", 1, (10, 10, 10))
textpos = text.get_rect()
textpos.centerx = background.get_rect().centerx
background.blit(text, textpos)

# Blit everything to the screen
screen.blit(background, (0, 0))
pygame.display.flip()

# Event loop
while 1:
for event in pygame.event.get():
if event.type == QUIT:
foo

screen.blit(background, (0, 0))
pygame.display.flip()

if __name__ == '__main__': main()

Output:
if foo == 'break': opens window, cannot close with quit 'x' click, even if PythonWin is quit... (can quit with task manager - says "Not Responding")

if foo == 'sys.exit()':
On quit, PythonWin sez (at bottom of it's window): "Exit code received". If you quit again, crashes pythonwin.exe. With the following:

The instruction at "07x3dd1351" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".

Thanks again. I guess this is not a big deal - just an extra step to save code (or edit in notepad), and run from command line / win exploader.

Ben
Josh Close wrote:

Well, can you post your code and the output then? That might make this
a little easier.

-Josh