Re: [pygame] Anyone use Blender to create sprite sequences?

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, israel evans wrote:
> Hello all.
> I've used a variety of art programs to create art for a number of games
> and the latest way we've been using to organize our images is to create
> 256x256 sheets of images which are laid out on one or more grids for
> each animation.
> The reason for the 256x256 max size for each of these is that some
> crummy video cards make anything larger than this look terrible.
[snip rest]

Can you elaborate on this?  I'm worried about varrying video card support
for texture sizes, but have little ability to test a wide range of cards.

How do the images look bad?  Are some cards converting larger textures
into smaller textures to fit onto their hardware?  Any ideas about which
cards and how common?

-Jasper