Re: [pygame] Anyone use Blender to create sprite sequences?

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Simon Wittber wrote:

> Jasper Wrote:
> > On the other hand, perhaps it's a big win when rendering through openGL?
> > I can see how if you put the filmstrip into texture memory their _might_
> > be a way to change the drawn subrect, which I think would allow you to
> > simply change the "Frame Index" and avoid the cost of blitting.
> >
> > Only problem is that looking at the pyopenGL docs nothing like this leaps
> > out at me. :-/  Anyone know off hand if something like this works?
>
> Jasper, I've written some tools which do exactly this. The sprite is
> loaded with a filmstrip image, and you simply change the  frame
> attribute to control which frame you want to blit to the screen.
>
> It uses OpenGL so it is very very fast :)
>
> You can get it from http://metaplay.com.au/tarballs/LGT.tar.bz2

Ahhh.  I see, you just tweak the arguments to glTexCoord and glVertex.
D'oh!  The answer was staring me right in the face all the while I was
hunting for some specialized function. :-(

Thanks for the tip!
-Jasper

PS  Incidentally, in Video.Screen.blit(), aren't your args to glVertex3f off
by one?  Take a sprite 64 pixels high for example, for which you would have
vertices at -32 and 32 y -- for a spread of 65.  Not a big deal if you're
making full use of 3D, but wouldn't this cause an interpolation artifact in
orthogonal view, with 64 image-pixels being stretched to fit into 65
screen-pixels?