[pygame] Running two pygame applications?

I'm developing a "game" where I have to be able to have
two pygame windows running the same time. My first idea
was just to start two separate applications. But when
I do this, both applications really suffer of slowdowns
periodically.

So my next idea was to bring up two pygame windows in a
single application. I've tried to find a solution of
this, but I haven't found one yet. All I found was an
old thread in this mailinglist from 2001, where Pete
Shinners said that it wasn't possible then.
(http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/pygame-users/784067)

Anyone know a solotion to this problem?

// Joakim