Re: [pygame] Pixel perfect collision detection sugestion

On 9/9/05, andrew baker <failrate@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I understand that circular or ellipsoidal collision is a good tradeoff
> between rect and pixel-perfect collision.  Anyone have any practical
> experience with that?

I've used circular collision detection for several games and it works
great (it depends on the shape of your sprites, naturally). A circular
collision detection algorithm optimized with Numeric, Pyrex or C would
probably also be faster than the rect-based one we have now.

--
Sami Hangaslammi