Re: [pygame] vector class

DR0ID wrote:
why not put a fast vector class written in C into the pygame package and wrap it?

That sounds like a useful idea.

Perhaps you will say, there is numeric for that, but if you include that, then you already depend on that module and I'm not sure if it would be as fast.

It would almost certainly not be as fast for operating on single vectors at a time, and not wanting to depend on Numeric just for that is a reasonable consideration.

However, it would be nice if it could be made to
interoperate with Numeric if you do happen to be
using that.

I've written a few ad-hoc vector libraries over the
years for various projects, and I have some ideas on
what such a package should be like. Perhaps I'll
have a go at designing one...

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |
greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx	   +--------------------------------------+