Re: [pygame] IronPython for Game Dev?

On Thursday 14 September 2006 18:47, Simon Wittber wrote:
> I've just upgraded my workstation to Edgy Eft, and am now able to run
> IronPython 1.0.
>
> I ran /usr/lib/python2.4/test/pystone.py and consistently get between
> 50-53000 pystones.
>
> CPython (2.4) gives me a max of 39000 pystones.

While this looks impressive, pystones is a little unrealistic (it's basically
the old dhrystone benchmark in Python code and tests pretty much none of
Python's language features). I'd be interested to see the pybench* numbers
for IronPython 1.0 vs CPython 2.5 if you could...

    Richard

*: Found under Tools/pybench in the source. Compare by saving a run with -f
and then use -c to compare with another run.