Re: [pygame] Executable creation blues

Luke Paireepinart wrote:

I'm struggling to grasp py2exe's arcane innards, as it's changed significantly since I last used it, and so far it just doesn't work. I'm sure I can eventually grovel through source and get it to work, but there's got to be something better! Except I can't find anything! Py2app? Mac only. Pypack? Based on a non-robust premise, and thus doesn't work for me.

What exactly is the problem you're having with py2exe? Afaict you just make a couple-line setup.py file and "it just works" Did you try the py2exe instructions on the pygame website?

Yes, I've tried that, but unfortunately those few simple lines aren't enough. The resulting .exe can't find all of it's needed parts, and apparently includes a vast array of stuff that isn't needed. Some of the "missing" errors I'm getting are from code I never use, burried deep within libraries I need, e.g. numpy.

I've had less trouble getting crossplatform C++ code to statically compile than I'm having sorting this out for just Windows.

-Jasper