Re: [pygame] Executable creation blues

Jasper wrote:

Luke Paireepinart wrote:

What exactly is the problem you're having with py2exe?
Afaict you just make a couple-line setup.py file and "it just works"
Did you try the py2exe instructions on the pygame website?

Yes, I've tried that, but unfortunately those few simple lines aren't enough. The resulting .exe can't find all of it's needed parts, and apparently includes a vast array of stuff that isn't needed. Some of the "missing" errors I'm getting are from code I never use, burried deep within libraries I need, e.g. numpy.

I've had less trouble getting crossplatform C++ code to statically compile than I'm having sorting this out for just Windows.

-Jasper

Too clarify a bit, right now I'm digging through this: Traceback (most recent call last): File "legacy.py", line 9, in ? File "Realms\Myth\Client\client.pyc", line 3, in ? File "pyui\__init__.pyc", line 18, in ? File "pyui\core.pyc", line 26, in ? File "pyui\desktop.pyc", line 22, in ? File "pygame\__init__.pyc", line 147, in ? File "pygame\surfarray.pyc", line 12, in ? File "pygame\surfarray.pyc", line 10, in __load File "Numeric.pyc", line 91, in ? File "multiarray.pyc", line 12, in ? File "multiarray.pyc", line 10, in __load File "numpy\__init__.pyc", line 36, in ? File "numpy\core\__init__.pyc", line 6, in ? File "numpy\core\umath.pyc", line 12, in ? File "numpy\core\umath.pyc", line 10, in __load AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_ARRAY_API'

The first 2 lines are my code, and all the pyui lines referenced do is "import pygame". As a result, somewhere down the line there is an obscure error in numpy, which I'm not sure what to do about. Looks like py2exe might be conflating Numeric and numpy?

-Jasper