Re: [pygame] Executable creation blues

Greg Ewing wrote:

Jasper wrote:

> The resulting .exe can't find all of it's needed parts, and
> apparently includes a vast array of stuff that isn't needed.

This is tangential to the OP's problem, but last
time I tried to use py2exe, it seemed to insist
on including tkinter in the executable, even though
my program made no reference to it at all, and
even if I explicitly told it not to.

Anyone else had that problem? Any ideas on how to
prevent it?

I have the same vestigial inclusion of tkinter (along with a dozen other unwanted things), presumably drawn indirectly from some library I use. I haven't tried excluding it yet though, as I'm still working on getting it to work.

What exactly is happening? Do you mean you put tkinter in the excludes option for py2exe, and it still showed up?

-Jasper