Re: [pygame] refresh problem

pistacchio wrote:
Lenard Lindstrom ha scritto:
The IDLE problem isn't really a problem as such. Being an interactive session, the interpreter doesn't shut down when the Pygame code finishes. So pygame.quit is not called and the window remains visible. Restarting the interpreter or adding an explicit pygame.quit() closes the window. As for the OPs example code, I put it in a file and double-clicked. Worked fine.

oh, thanks, this helped a lot. would the situation change with a different ide? any suggestion? (again, i'm working under windows xp)

this thing that i have to work around the problem every time that the program rises an error or an exception it is quite boring as, like you made me understand, the cycle doesn't come to the point where it quits all the processes and hence pygame and i have to wait, termnate it and, in a word, lose 30 seconds every time i want to change a comma in the code.

This works with IDLE in both single and subprocessed mode:

import pygame
from pygame.locals import *

pygame.init()
try:
   screen = pygame.display.set_mode( (640,480) )

   done = False
   while not done:
       pygame.display.flip()
       for event in pygame.event.get():
           if event.type == QUIT:
               done = True
finally:
   pygame.quit()

In single process mode it will lock up the editor, but frees it when the window Pygame window closes.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>