Re: [pygame] GUI unit testing - was "What about Python 3?"

Jeff Cagle wrote:
Jasper wrote:
More specifically, it's tricky to write tests for GUIs and real time applications, or at least I don't know of any good python tools for doing so.

I've put some thought into a robust GUI testing framework, but how exactly to go about it isn't a simple matter. So far I've punted, and to my chagrin do all my GUI testing manually, despite covering my game and network logic. Real time testing seems like even more of a pain, though I don't need it so haven't thought about it much.

Anyway, I'm guessing I'm not the only one with such problems... Is there any interest on collaborating on such testing framework extensions, of the sort that'd be useful for games in general?

-Jasper

I'm interested in this problem too, but haven't gotten much further than thinking about the threading involved in sitting outside an application and sending it virtual mouse-clicks. So I don't know how much help I'd be, but I'm definitely interested.

Jeff Cagle

Laura Creighton wrote:
I'm interested too, but hellishly busy for the next few weeks.  Then
I expect things to lighten up, but my friends keep telling me that
I am _always_ too busy, <sigh>.

Laura

Sounds like there's some interest!

Shall we schedule some sort of online discussion in a couple of weeks, when Laura is free? This would be easier for me as well, as I'm presently defrosting and restarting my (previously!) stalled game development. Perhaps September 15th or 22nd? Anyone else would be welcome to join in as well of course.

-Jasper