[pygame] Ann: Python program to build 1.8 dependencies on Windows

I have just finished writing a Python program to build the Pygame 1.8 dependencies on Windows. It is available for a limited time here:

http://www3.telus.net/len_l/build_deps.zip  *

The program uses MinGW under Msys **, but can be run from a normal Windows command prompt ***. It installs the libraries in the Msys /usr/local. It will even add /usr/local to the MinGW search path (the -p option) and configure MinGW to link to msvcr71.dll as required by Python 2.4 and up. It is based on the MinGW build instructions I left on the Pygame wiki. The developers are quite welcome to include the program with Pygame.

Lenard

* For the cautious and outright paranoid here is the md5 sum:
9105af23a97ee1465f551d0762c4d4fb *build_deps.zip

** For Windows XP the path environment variable may need to be explicitly changed to include the MinGW and Msys directories msys\1.0\local\bin, mingw\bin and msys\1.0\bin. I don't know.

*** I suspect the Msys console makes my system unstable.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>