Re: [pygame] Just bought Python in a Nutshell

I haven't read this book, but I'm usually wary of the "nutshell" type books or "learn some language in 7 days!" type books. Just make sure you check out the Tutorial on python.org because that is very thorough, and the book might just teach some neater things Python can do that you might not instantly see in the tutorial--such as GUI stuff. (I know of one book out there that talks about image manipulation in Python, but that might have been a book on Jython...)

But if you got the book for a good deal, my opinion is that you can never have too many reference books. ;)