Re: [pygame] 3D SHMUP

On 9/15/07, Miriam English <mim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Strange. Most of them worked for me when I was using Windows. I should
note that some of the demos (can't remember offhand which ones) require
numeric to be installed, and many require PIL -- python image library.

I haven't really gotten back into the swing of things since I updated to python 2.5 (about time too), so perhaps that solves some problems.  I had NumPy, but, as I remember, not PIL.

I've been having problems with getting pyOpenGL to work with the very
minimal Puppy Linux distribution I now use, but I will conquer it. I
know it works with fuller distributions, but I've become accustomed to
the speed of Puppy and all the other distros feel slow and laggy in
comparison.

I like Linux.  Its only fault is that it's incompatible with .exe files.  (I am aware that there are workarounds to this).  I've heard about Solaris, which is also free, though not open-source.  Apparently it's compatible with a lot.  My current laptop, while powerful, is huge, and more like a portable desktop.  I want something like the Asus Eeepc for portability, and Vista has lots of issues, so I want to try Solaris.  Does anyone have it; can tell me about it?

>     It is easy to spend days having fun picking apart all those demos and
>     learning heaps of info from them.
>
> I spent a summer doing almost nothing but that.

heheh :)
Non-geeks truly have no idea of the pleasure they're missing out on.

        - Miriam

Ian