Re: [pygame] Is it possible to use GUI with pygame?

"Lamonte Harris" <pyth0nc0d3r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, something new that I wanted to find out.  Is there some type of GUI
> module that works smoothely with pygame it self or would I have to create
> something on my own?

There are a few GUI libraries listed on the PyGame Libraries page:

http://www.pygame.org/projects/9

Also, a Google search for "pygame gui" gives both this:

http://www.pygame.org/wiki/gui

and

http://pitchersduel.iuplog.com/default.asp?item=109658

... all of which I imagine you already know about.

I have tried to use PYUI, and found the architecture a little confusing,
and possibly buggy.

I also tried PGU, and it was more stable, but the structure wasn't exactly
what I was looking for at the time. Having rebuilt stuff on my own a few
times over, I may have independently arrived at something like Phil did
when creating PGU.

I have also heard good things about the OcempGUI library, but have never
tried it.

-Dave LeCompte