Re: [pygame] Pygame performance on Linux?

On 9/24/07, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a Linux machine, with a CPU speed of supposedly
2.8GHz, on which pygame performance appears to be
abysmal. Just doing display flips and nothing else,
with an 800x6000 window, it can't get to 20fps. At

I guess you mean 800x600?

10fps, it's using about 75% CPU.

Should I be able to expect better than this?

Yes, absolutely. Typically you don't get hardware accelerated graphics in windowed mode in X,
but it should not be that slow anyway. Are you sure you are using the same video mode as your
display uses [depth=0 to pygame.display.set_mode()]? Are you using double buffering (you don't have to
for software rendering). Please post your code, it's difficult to diagnose the problem otherwise.

Regards,
Ulf