Re: [pygame] Pygame performance on Linux?

Greg Ewing wrote:
I have a Linux machine, with a CPU speed of supposedly
2.8GHz, on which pygame performance appears to be
abysmal. Just doing display flips and nothing else,
with an 800x6000 window, it can't get to 20fps. At
10fps, it's using about 75% CPU.

Sounds like you might not be running hardware acceleration. What video card are you using? If you have the antinspect xscreensaver try running it directly as
antinspect -fps

What frames per sec do you get? Hardware acceleration should give you around 50fps in the initial 600x480 window, and not a lot slower when the window is maximised (maybe 45fps).

Cheers,

	- Miriam
--
A life! Cool! Where can I download one of those from?