[pygame] Tutorial... GUI

Hi!

    The reading I did today is getting a little more clear on these issues, but having something to experiment with would be great.

    Now the buttons and such as I have on my Java script web page, the screen for images and such is at the lower half of the screen. The user input is at the top along with all the text data, such as Star Date, Number of Klingons... displayed along the top.
    Beneath that is the warning message and such that give alerts in text format. Having this allows a screen reader to read them and focus on them. For a sighted user they can also be a sound file using the mixer. I already have the mixer working and played with all the commands to see what happens in some cases; like fade and the get busy command seem to not work well as a check to see when sound ends...

    So, making a game which can be both text based and visually based is my goal. Now the lower half of the screen can either have text inserted into a table, or grid, so each sector location is displayed as is. In text format that allows the screen reader to read it. For sighted people then there is the fun part of the rest of the stuff, including collisions.

    Now in both case when firing a phasor or torpedo, then we also have the collision factor and the final explosion sequence.

    So, this is the format and did notice when reading the tutorial it is getting a little easier to understand. Now to have a nice layout to do such things would be helpful, something to experiment with. Like I have done with the mixer stuff. Buttons for text entry, and radial buttons to select the commands. It seems you can have the screen split up, but it is not complete clear on that issue., At least different rectangles doing different things.

Can you please elaborate on how you want the buttons to be displayed
(separate window or on (within) the pygame window)?

Regards
Marcus