Re: [pygame] BUG: Inconsistent font behavior between Windows and Linux

It's good the display point size (dpi) doesn't matter - it would be disappointing if SDL_ttf didn't fix such an obvious platform specific variation like that.

It seems to me the next best step is still to make a small test thing that uses SDL_ttf without pygame to figure out if pygame is involved or not.

I'm not offering to help with that (sorry, too lazy) but maybe ctypes would be a good way to write such a test without leaving python and go to C or such - maybe the pygame-ctypes source could even be found online for reference?