Re: [pygame] BUG: Inconsistent font behavior between Windows and Linux

Lenard, are you saying you think it still may be a dpi problem?

cause I think if dpi was the problem in this case, the discrepancy would scale with font size. But as there is no discrepancy between the platforms when the font size is 210 (i.e. charlies gentoo matches your windows box), it seems to me that dpi (or any font scaling really) is not different, and therefore not the cause here

I really think SDL_ttf is fixing the freetype scaling so it doesn't vary with platform. It would just make sense.

did I misunderstand or am I missing something there?