Re: [pygame] BUG: Inconsistent font behavior between Windows and Linux

I'm sure something can be put together. As for display point size, that may be the case with Windows, but what about Unix. To quote Charlie Nolan's quote of

René:

Looks like Gentoo builds a pretty standard SDL_ttf.  No patches, it
just specifies the various paths and passes on the system "Do I have
X11?" flag.

Does this mean some C macro is set for X Windows? If so, how does it effect conditional compilation?

Lenard

Brian Fisher wrote:
It's good the display point size (dpi) doesn't matter - it would be disappointing if SDL_ttf didn't fix such an obvious platform specific variation like that.

It seems to me the next best step is still to make a small test thing that uses SDL_ttf without pygame to figure out if pygame is involved or not.

I'm not offering to help with that (sorry, too lazy) but maybe ctypes would be a good way to write such a test without leaving python and go to C or such - maybe the pygame-ctypes source could even be found online for reference?