Re: [pygame] pygame web plugin

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Ron Dippold <sizer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is something Java actually does pretty well. I dislike it for the most
> part, but its sandboxing is better than anything I've ever seen (except
> certain secure OSes). Flash actually does it pretty well now too, though
> holes keep turning up occasionally. Interestingly, unless they've changed
> Flash or Java recently, I don't think there's anything that limits the
> amount of cpu or memory usage since I still see one occasionally running off
> into the weeds. The solution is just 'fix or don't run that jar/swf'.

The memory usage is unbounded IIRC but the CPU usage is bounded, at
least insofar as it will do a pop-up warning and allow the user to
stop code execution if the code doesn't yield to the main event loop
often enough. You can get around that by burning through lots of CPU
incrementally with a timer, if you were intentionally trying to be
annoying.

-bob