[pygame] SoundAnalyse

I would like to announce the release of SoundAnalyse, a small python
library for analysing sound chunks.  In particular it calculates the
loudness of a sound chunk and does realtime pitch detection.  The
pitch detection guts are coded in a C function so it should be pretty
fast even on slower computers.

Now you can make the singing game you've always dreamed of!  (Opera Hero?)

Get it at PyPI:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/SoundAnalyse

The distribution is a source distribution using distutils, so you need
a working C compiler.  If someone has a Windows box and sends me a
precompiled version for Windows I will add that to the distribution.

View the README at:
http://code.google.com/p/pygalaxy/wiki/SoundAnalyse

Some notes:
pygame doesn't support audio input, so you need to use something like
pyaudio for microphone input.  But you can use pygame for graphics and
events along with pyaudio for sound, it works fine.  If you want sound
playback along with microphone input, try my SWMixer module:
http://code.google.com/p/pygalaxy/wiki/SWMixer

Give it a try and let me know what you think.
--
Nathan Whitehead