Re: [pygame] OPENGLBLIT

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 6:36 AM, <sam.hacking@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just tried to blit to an OpenGL surface and got the following message:
pygame.error: Cannot blit to OPENGL Surfaces (OPENGLBLIT is ok)

So, I tried using OPENGLBLIT, and it stopped coming up with the error, but nothing is drawn to the screen. Can this provide a way for pygame to blit surfaces to OpenGL, or will I need to rewrite all my drawing for OpenGL as I initially thought?

As a second question, is there a way to check if the current display is OpenGL or not?

Thanks,
Sam Bull
OPENGLBLIT is deprecated.  It should probably say that in the docs.

Short answer: don't try it.  Better answer: you need to use the OpenGL drawing calls (glBegin, glVertex, glEnd).  The only application the PyGame drawing calls have for OpenGL is drawing to textures, which can then be drawn to the screen with the OpenGL drawing calls.

Ian