Re: [SPAM: 5.000] Re: [pygame] Native PyGame method for automatically scaling inputs to a surface resolution?

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 14:18:25 +1300
Greg Ewing <greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mac Ryan wrote:
>
> > The behaviour that I envisage would be an
> > optional keyword argument ``scale=1.0`` for rectangles (and
> > surfaces).
>
> I would say the transformation should be an attribute of the
> surface, not something that you pass into drawing calls.

But isn't this what I just say? Or did I misunderstand you? Or did you
misunderstand me? :o

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:55:20 +0200
Renà Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could you create a transform rect like function that returns the
> transformed state?

> (1,1,1,1)

That's exactly what I have at the moment (mine is called ``sc()``, but
that's irrelevant... :)).

I still think that's a "missing battery" thing though. I haven't
browsed much into code of games on pygame.org, but I wouldn't be
astonished if a large portion (probably even the majority) of the code
would internally use a non-scaled model, to be transformed at
representation time...

Anyhow: not a big issue, it's just that is not an uncommon feature in
other libraries and I feel that inserting it in pygame would make
pygame better, but I *can* live without. :)

/mac