Re: [pygame] Looking for an easy way to install pygame and python on macbook pro

You might have a mismatch between Python 2.7 and 3.4. When you start python, it should show the version. My instructions will install it for 3.4.

I have students use Wing 101 IDE. They need to go into the "configure python" menu item and point it to Python 3.4.

I forget the exact path, but if you type:
"which python3"
on a terminal window it will spit out something like
/usr/local/something/something/python3

I type that into the Wing "Configure Python" dialog box (under "edit" I think) Âand it restarts python with 3.4 and pygame.

I don't mess with IDLE anymore.

Paul Vincent Craven