Re: [pygame][website] A different approach to a new website

First of all, I want to praise you for your passion, persistence, and research. That already says you would be a good fit to implement a site that supports and grows our community.

> I got another approach. More slowly. More conceptual (hopefully).

> I don't know if this will work and I don't know if this will result in a

> (new) better website, but I'd really like to try it with this awesome

> community.

It’s a broad sketch, and it’s hard to undertstand how that will play out, but it could work. I admit that I’m not a professional web developer, so I don’t know the best way to build such a site, and then refine it.

I hope you aren’t dissuaded by those who feel that it’s not important, because I feel very definitely that it is. Pygame needs a site where a community can form around and share our works (like right now!), and where new people can understand how to get going and discover Pygame at their speed, using the OS that happens to be in front of them. On that last point, I speak for kids who want to make games and who don’t get a choice of their OS, in contrast to us adult engineers.

I say, go for it. What do you need to begin?

~ Michael