[school-discuss] grade book project and OH the choices!

I didn't realize there was so much available for grade book sin open source....Phew, what a list.  I did go take a look at the GnuGradebook, looks good, I will look at others later.  Seems as though there is likley something there for everybody, really.
And in the meantime, I am creating my own Excel template, so, when I move to Open Office, I should be able to recreate something similar for my own use, anyway.

I already have Corel Linux from Cheap Bytes and Blue Linux on order and a friend offering his Red Hat distro on cd....Now I hear about this ElxLinux which looks pretty good...You folks are offering me too many choices. ;} I'm easily confused!!!
I suppose if I am serious about learning about programming I should stay away from the easy path (like Elx) huh?  Help me out here...
Tony Baldwin
--
http://www.school-library.net
http://www.photodharma.com