Re: [school-discuss] >>please, what is SASI ?

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 19:26, you wrote:
> I am pursuing a MLIS in a distance ed program at tahe U of
> Wisconsin-Milwaukee. SASI is the  tool I use to log iin for most of my
> adminstrative (red tape) needs.  I connect using a telnet protocol.  I
> don;t know if that is common for that kind of system or not. Seems kind of
> old hat.
> Ton Baldwin
> (yes, me again, in a different disguise...)

Hi Tom,

It looks like SASI is a home grown thing at UWM.  It looks like a script or C
front end to a database, but which type they use I have no clue.  It is very
similar to the KATS database at Kansas State University.

BTW, I'm taking one course at UWM this semester.  SASI is about the only good
thing there, except for the great people in the graduate admissions office.

--
jeff williams - cfiaime@nconnect.net
		jeff.williams@cuw.edu