[school-discuss] Our Press Release

Hello group!

I just wanted to post a notice that we have completed the requirements
for SchoolForge membership by putting the SchoolForge logo on our
website and have just issued a press release:

http://linuxpr.com/releases/4669.html

We are also pushing to get coverage in our local Central Florida press
about this and the St. Mary's School LTSP deployment.

I have already met with the local reps from Compaq, HP and Dell about
Linux in K12 education markets. So far there has been a large push back
from vendors worried about upsetting the gravy train. I think they are
just scared that if school districts realize they have inexpensive
options they won't buy truckloads of PC's. Florida school boards are
proving a tough nut to crack without a vendor to help you inside the
'inner circle'.

I've also been contacting the charity groups that provide a conduit for
donated PC's into schools like http://pcsforschools.org/ and
http://computers2learnby.org/ but the only response I got was from
pcsforschools.org which said 'thanks for the report'. Anyone pursuing
these groups? It seems a natual match for the k12ltsp project.

Anthony L. Awtrey
Vice President - Director of Integration
I.D.E.A.L. Technology Corporation - Melbourne Office
http://www.idealcorp.com - 321.728.0207