Re: [school-discuss] Presentation for local SD

Hello,

2008/4/16, Richard Andrews <bbmaj7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> You might be interested in http://openeducation.org.au - there's some work done
> there on how FOSS applications can fill curriculum needs (Victoria, Australia).

Thanks for the links. Very interesting and useful.

> Suggested guideline for spoken and written communications
>
>    * Don't dwell on zero cost, it makes FOSS look flimsy

ACK.

>    * Use the term Open Source in preference to FOSS or Free Software

>          o Free Software has the word free, see zero-cost above

One remark in the beginning that when you speak of Free Software, you
mean free as in freedom, not as in free beer, will solve the issue.

Most of the following arguments depend on the freedom to use, share
and modify. If you don't have these freedoms, you can not freely
cooperate with other schools etc.. Why shouldn't we mention it?

Greetings,

Guido