Re: [school-discuss] razor and qt - lightweight applications.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 09:18:11AM -0700, Dean Montgomery wrote:
> Here are some desktop environment memory usage stats - less RAM
> also corresponds to faster startup times and more ram for apps.
> Desktop              MEM Used MB used - cache
> mint 12 lxde          97
> debian lenny kde3.5  123

Wow, that made me wonder what they did to KDE3.  This page
(in Russian but the table at bottom should be fairly legible)
describes my tests based on the same ALT 5.0 system with a few
different DEs: http://www.altlinux.org/LTSP/Memory

(columns iterate over user sessions and display managers active,
fm == default file manager for a given DE)

> Laptops with slow disks greatly improve with squashfs /usr
> partition.

Considerable maintenance hassle with virtually each package
upgrade...

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
###