[school-discuss] volunteer coding sites

Here are some alternatives to projects like Google Code and Hour of Code:

https://socialcoder.org/Home/Index
https://www.codeforamerica.org/

Used to have some of these up at the Schoolforge wiki, but the wiki is
no longer working.  There are other projects like these as well.  I
think finding projects that directly benefit one's community would be
more meaningful for students than getting involved in something like
Google Code.  Our local school District has a graduation requirement
that students need to perform a certain number of hours of community
service.  Something like this could be useful.

We can also always use volunteers to help improve the Schoolforge web
site and add software, reviews and related information to the site to
make it better.

Sincerely,
Laura
###